ALL REGISTERED VOLUNTEERS:
All volunteers with the association are required to register with the APRA and comply with all APRA and Ringette Ontario policies.
As per the RINGETTE ONTARIO SCREENING POLICY, it is also a mandatory requirement that all registered volunteers of APRA undergo volunteer screening prior to participating in any Ringette Ontario or APRA sanctioned ringette activities. This includes:
During registration, volunteers will be required to upload the following documents:
1) A completed Ringette Ontario Screening Disclosure Form
2) A completed APRA Annual Offence Declaration Form
3) A completed APRA Conflict of Interest Declaration Form (for APRA Board and Committee Members only)
*** You will NOT be able to complete your registration without submitting the above forms.
4) Additionally, all volunteers 18 years of age or older will also provide the association with a current Criminal Background Check which can be uploaded during registration.
All volunteers 18 years of age or older will also provide the association with a current Criminal Background Check which can be uploaded during registration.
Depending on your role, you will be required to submit either a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC), or a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC):
NEW Volunteers -
RETURNING Volunteers -
For a returning volunteer* to be eligible to submit a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC), the volunteer must have already provided APRA with a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) within the last 10 years, AND, must have volunteered continuously with APRA during that time (i.e. undergone volunteer screening each year).
*** You will be unable to participate in any Ringette activities until you have 1) registered, and, 2) provided the association with the required documents and a current CRJMC or VSC.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CRJMC/VSC -
1) If you have already provided APRA with a CRJMC/VSC within the last 3 years, this should appear on your registration session with the dates it was received. If not, please contact the APRA Registrar to verify.
2) If you have a current CRJMC/VSC dated less than one year from your registration date, you can upload the document during registration.
3) If you require a new CRJMC/VSC, you can complete the registration process and indicate the date when you applied. Once you receive, email your new document to the APRA Registrar
HOW TO APPLY FOR YOUR CRJMC/VSC-
1) SUBMIT AN INTRODUCTORY LETTER FROM APRA WHEN REQUESTING ONE OF THE BACKGROUND CHECKS (see attached)
A personalized introductory letter from APRA will allow you to obtain the background check as a registered volunteer, and therefore, at a reduced cost ($20). Please download and complete the appropriate letter to submit when applying for your background (include your full legal name):
APRA Letter for Background Check - Volunteers for 18 plus groups
APRA Letter for Background Check - New Volunteer for 18 and younger groups
APRA Letter for Background Check - Returning* Volunteer for 18 and younger groups
*NOTE: for a returning volunteer to be eligible to submit a CRJMC, the volunteer:
2) FOR RESIDENTS OF DURHAM REGION:
At this time, Durham Region Police Services are only processing CRCs online at www.drps.ca > online services > online police record checks (mobile users will need to select Go To Full Website at the bottom of the page to access this menu).
3) FOR RESIDENTS OF TORONTO:
To process your background check:
More information on the TPS Vulnerable Sector Screening Program, CLICK HERE.