ALL REGISTERED VOLUNTEERS:
It is a mandatory requirement that all registered volunteers of APRA undergo volunteer screening prior to participating in any Ringette Ontario or APRA sanctioned ringette activities. This includes:
Ringette Ontario's Screening Policy and the procedures implemented by APRA can be found HERE.
During registration you will be required to upload the following completed documents:
1) Ringette Ontario Screening Disclosure Form - click here to download
2) APRA Annual Offence Declaration Form - click here to download
3) APRA Conflict of Interest Declaration Form (for APRA Board and Committee Members only) - click here to download
*** You will not be able to submit your registration without submitting these completed forms.
For volunteers 18 years of age and older, you will need to provide APRA with one of the following Background Checks:
A) All Team Staff of 18+ teams, and the APRA Board of Directors require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
B) All NEW volunteers who are Team Staff of U19 and younger teams require a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
C) All RETURNING volunteers who are Team Staff of U19 and younger teams require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
For a *returning volunteer* to be eligible to submit a CRJMC, the volunteer:
Background checks or similar attestations from third parties other than local police (e.g. school boards) will not be accepted.
*** You will be unable to participate in any Ringette activities until you have 1) registered, and, 2) provided the association with the required documents and a current CRJMC or VSC.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CRJMC/VSC -
The Association will accept CRJMCs/VSCs for the current season provided it has been less than 1 year from the date of issue. Additionally, after a period of 3 years all volunteers will need to complete a new CRJMC/VSC.
1) If you have already provided APRA with a CRJMC/VSC within the last 3 years, please contact the APRA Registrar to verify.
2) If you have a current CRJMC/VSC dated less than one year from your registration date, you can upload the document during registration.
3) If you require a new CRJMC/VSC, you can complete the registration process and email your new document to the APRA Registrar
HOW TO APPLY FOR YOUR CRJMC/VSC-
1) SUBMIT AN INTRODUCTORY LETTER FROM APRA WHEN REQUESTING ONE OF THE BACKGROUND CHECKS (see attached)
A personalized introductory letter from APRA will allow you to obtain the background check as a registered volunteer, and therefore, at a reduced cost ($20). Please download and complete the appropriate letter to submit when applying for your background (include your full legal name):
APRA Letter for Background Check - Volunteers for 18 plus groups
APRA Letter for Background Check - New Volunteer for 18 and younger groups
APRA Letter for Background Check - Returning* Volunteer for 18 and younger groups
*NOTE: for a returning volunteer to be eligible to submit a CRJMC, the volunteer:
2) FOR RESIDENTS OF DURHAM REGION:
At this time, Durham Region Police Services are only processing CRCs online at www.drps.ca > online services > online police record checks (mobile users will need to select Go To Full Website at the bottom of the page to access this menu).
3) FOR RESIDENTS OF TORONTO:
To process your background check:
More information on the TPS Vulnerable Sector Screening Program, CLICK HERE.