2023 APRA TRYOUTS - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
APRA is hosting tryouts for the following A and AA-Level teams: U14A, U16A, U19A and U19AA*. For additional information about U19A, CLICK HERE.
Advanced registration and payment is required for all warm-up skates and tryouts (registration opens APRIL 3rd). With the exception of the U19AA second tryout on April 26, all events will take place at the Ajax Community Centre.
Tryouts and Warm-Up Skates for WHITBY U14AA and OSHAWA U16AA
- Players that intend to tryout for U14AA in Whitby and U16AA in Oshawa will be required to register for tryouts with these associations.
- WRA and OSRA will also be hosting warm-up skates at these levels that are open to all tryout attendees. Advanced registration and payment is required to attend the warm-up skates.
- Please consult the WRA and OSRA association websites for more information.
U19AA TRYOUTS* (APRA & OSRA):
COMBINED AJAX PICKERING and OSHAWA U19AA Warm-up Skates and Tryouts
- For the 2023-24 Season, Ajax Pickering Power Ringette and Oshawa Storm Ringette will each be hosting U19AA teams.
- For U19AA tryouts, Oshawa and Ajax Pickering will be be collaborating and running concurrent warm-up skates and tryouts on the same ice.
- All players attending these tryouts and warm-up skates will register using APRA's RAMP Registration System portal.
- TBD - April 21-23 Warm-Up Skates - These sessions are currently listed as 2 hour blocks. Depending on the number of registrations and intents, it will be determined whether to keep these skates as 2 hour sessions, or, divide players into 2 groups and run two, 1 hour sessions (all registrants will be contacted in advance).
EVALUATIONS AT U19AA TRYOUTS
- ALL PLAYERS - In order to be considered for evaluation by one or both associations, players MUST indicate during registration if they are willing to accept an offer to play U19AA with one or both of the associations. If selecting more than one association, there will be an opportunity to name your preferred association (optional).
- AJAX PICKERING and OSHAWA HOME ASSOCIATION PLAYERS ONLY - It is understood that you are participating in tryouts with your home association, and if extended an offer to play by your home association, you are required to accept. If you are not extended an offer to play by your home association, you will then be eligible to accept an offer from the other association (if one is extended).
If you have any questions about the U19AA tryout process please contact the President, APRA or the President, OSRA.
We require volunteers to help support these events > CLICK HERE to access our Volunteer Sign-up Page
DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS (WARM-UP SKATES & TRYOUTS):
ACTION REQUIRED: PLEASE REVIEW
ACTION REQUIRED PRIOR TO REGISTERING FOR TRYOUTS and WARM-UP SKATES:
ALL PLAYERS are being asked review the following Guidelines and FAQs from Ringette Ontario regarding Equal Opportunity for Participation. The purpose of these Guidelines is to describe how individuals of all gender identities, and those who do not wish to gender identify or do not gender identify, are able to participate in our sport. Where there is demand, Clubs/Associations, Regions, and Leagues sanctioned by Ringette Ontario will attempt to offer A and AA level programming under the following Competition Categories:
- Girls/Women only ringette
- Boys/Men only ringette
- Mixed ringette (formerly known as Co-Ed)
During registration players will be asked to complete a declaration attesting to the Competition Category(s) of team(s) they are willing to play on during the 2023-24 season. As our sport evolves, there will be more boys/males interested in playing at the A/AA levels but we also respect that not all female athletes will want to play mixed ringette at this time. For this reason we want to ensure all members have a thorough understanding of the Equal Opportunity for Participation guideline when answering the Competition Category question included on the registration form.
If you have any questions about the policy or how to complete the declaration, please contact the APRA President.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
All players wishing to attend APRA tryouts and warm-up skates are required to register in advance through APRA's RAMP Registration System.
- Registration will close 48 hours prior to the 1st tryout date for each age/level.
- To be eligible to participate, all tryout attendees must have previously registered with their home association for the 2022/23 Season (i.e. insurance for tryouts). If not, please contact the APRA President.
- All registrants will be invited to attend the first 2 tryouts; the 3rd and 4th tryouts (if applicable) will be by invitation only.
- For more information on eligibility and APRA Tryout Procedures, CLICK HERE.
All players wishing to participate in APRA warm-up skates and tryouts (and the combined APRA/OSRA U19AA tryouts and warm-up skates) are required to purchase one of the following Tryout Passports. The passports are available and must be purchased during registration - payment accepted by CREDIT CARD only:
- APRA/OSRA U19AA Tryouts and Warm-Up Skates - FULL Passport - $95; includes participation in the combined APRA/OSRA U19AA warm-up skates (Ajax only) and tryouts. If applicable, also includes participation in home association U19A tryouts and warm-up skates (APRA and OSRA players only).
- APRA/OSRA U19AA TRYOUT-ONLY Passport - $70; includes participation in the combined APRA/OSRA U19AA tryouts only. If applicable, also includes participation in home association U19A tryouts (APRA and OSRA players only).
- APRA A-Level Tryouts and Warm-Up Skates - FULL Passport - $80; includes participation in all APRA A Level warm-up skates and tryouts.
- APRA A-Level TRYOUT-ONLY Passport - $55; includes participation in all APRA A Level tryouts only.
Players who have not registered and purchased an advance Tryout Passport will NOT be permitted to step on the ice.
TO REGISTER FOR ALL APRA TRYOUTS and WARM-UP SKATES, (including the COMBINED APRA/OSRA U19AA Division)
Note: When you log in to the registration system, be sure to select "2023 Ringette Ontario Tryouts"