Team Deposits and Equipment Policy
All U19 and younger AA/A/B teams will be required to provide the APRA Treasurer with a $500 deposit cheque at the beginning of each playing season. Deposits will be returned at the completion of the season, provided teams fulfil the following:
Tournament Volunteer Hours
As tournaments are the association's primary fundraising activity, all teams will be required to fulfil their share of volunteer hours in support of APRA tournaments (e.g. registration desk, convenor, hospitality, etc.). At the completion of the season's tournament(s), the Tournament Chair will notify the APRA Treasurer of completion (or shortfall) of the team's shared volunteer hours. Any shortfall will impact the amount returned to teams at the completion of the playing season. This amount will be determined at the sole discretion of the APRA Board of Directors.
APRA Equipment Returns
Teams will be provided with APRA equipment at the beginning of the season with the understanding all items will be returned and in good condition:
- Please return coaches bags with all supplies, and at least 10 rings and a fully restocked first aid kit. Otherwise, an amount equal to the missing items will be deducted from the original deposit.
- For any missing/ damaged game jerseys - an amount will be deducted from the original deposit.
- Once the season has been completed, please make arrangements to return all items as soon as possible to the Equipment Manager. Do not return this equipment to other Board members.
- Upon return and inspection, the Equipment Manager will notify the Association Treasurer to return monies collected, minus any deductions.
Please care for the association's game jerseys and keep them looking good for years to come:
- Players should not be given their game jerseys to leave in their equipment bag (this is to eliminate the risk of jerseys being cut by skates or pulled by Velcro) and game jerseys should not be worn at practice . Players should carry their game jerseys in a separate garment bag or preferably, teams should designate volunteers to carry and care for all of the game jerseys for the team.
- Please do NOT put game jerseys in the dryer - hang to dry.
- NO ADHESIVE should be on the back of Name Bars, Sponsor Bars or "C" and "A" letters and they should be sewn in a way that allows for easy removal at the end of the season without damage to the jersey. Name Bars should be sewn at the bottom of the jerseys and sponsor bars at the top. Each team is responsible to launder and remove name/sponsor bars and "C" and "A" letters before returning the jerseys to the Association at the end of the season.